Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Musings from the "Think Place"

NO NOT THE TOILET!


The shower. :)


So today, I had the girls in the bathtub and since I had gone to spinning class today, I hopped in the shower. As I put too much shampoo in my hand, I started thinking about the $$ we were supposed to save on soap by purchasing a water softener (which I love). We should use less soap because the water is soft and it doesn't take as much to do the job. Well, I still haven't learned how to use less soap. So as I am oversudsing (Microsoft says that isn't a word, but whatever) my hair, I thought about it for a minute, feeling a little bad at my wastefulness. Then, in an instant I rationalized myself better! Thought process something like this...


I shouldn't use this much shampoo. My hair isn't even that long. My hair doesn't need to be this foamy to get clean. If I had shorter hair would I use less soap? I wonder how much Luke uses?


WAIT A SECOND!! LUKE DOESN'T HAVE HAIR! HE DOESN'T USE SHAMPOO!

So I've decided, it's okay that I use twice as much shampoo. I am just using Luke's ration of shampoo. :) Meanwhile, I will try to remember to use a little less (but still not gonna do the guilt!) heehee

1 comment: