Monday, January 26, 2009

A Name is a name is a name

Deb, you'll like this one.

The girls and I were folding laundry and came across a pair of baby socks.
Quincey: Dees Tincey's?
Emma (laughing): No, these are for a baby!
Me: We can give them to baby Clarita.
Emma: Mooom! Her name is not that. She is Debbie's baby.
Me: Well, what is her name then?
Emma: Claire.
Me: No, it is Clarita.
Emma: No Mom! It is Claire!
Me: Emma, her name is Clairita.
Emma: No it isn't.
Me: Okay, but I call her Clarita.
Emma: But Mom, that isn't her name.

Stubborn kid, but I guess when you're right, you're right! But, I am sure I will be corrected again! Every baby has to have a nickname! :)

2 comments:

  1. LOL! I still remember Ty being called "Bubba" when you were prego with him...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats funny. You have to be correct mom. My sisters daughter has changed her name to Annie and the younger one won't let it die. Funny kids.

    ReplyDelete