Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Stinker Pot Thieves!!

So, last Thursday I was in Walmart with all 3 of my kids. Not a predicament I love to find myself in, yet there I was. My kids seem to fight much of the time at home. Yet, at the store they seem to be best buds and all 3 seem to get this surge of energy and they just feed off each other and go crazy.

Thursday was one of those days. I had gone to Walmart to get the last piece of a project I have been wanting to do. I ordered Moda Fabric Charm Packs on Ebay and needed to get some flannel for the backing on some blankets. My kids were running around the fabric department, etc. I was trying to be fast and wasn't succeeding. In an attempt to distract Tyler from goding his sisters, I asked him to "Put these squares back in these baggies and put them back." I should have added "into the cart." Because my dear, obedient boy (unbeknownst to me) put them back on the shelf with Walmart's packs that are a different brand and not anywhere near as coordinating and cute. Off we went to the milk fridge area. I realized my squares were not there, asked Tyler where they were. "Back on the shelf. You told me to put them away."

AUGH!! Not that kind of away!

We went back to the fabric area. There was no trace of them. $80 worth of cute fabric...gone. Ugh! Forget the $$, do you know how long it takes me to get all the facets of a project together???

Yes, I have checked back with the store several times. They haven't seen 'em.

6 comments:

  1. I would like to think that us crafters operate in a higher realm than the average person. But apparently this is not the case with these moda thievers. I thumb my nose in their general direction!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those Stinker Pot Thieves and then have all your kids with you at Walmart going crazy. I feel for you not a predicament I love myself to be in. But, I know what your going through. Sorry you had that happen to you.

    HAVE A FAB DAY!!!
    Visit www.motherof1princessand2princes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, what a bummer!!! As a big fan of anything Moda, so I am feeling your loss. I hope a miracle occurs and you are able to find them! Send your kids to my house next time you need to go fabric shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! so they were PAID for and someone snagged them? eesh...so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you don't know me, but my name is Amy and I am married to a Luke and we both know Madeline Flinders--so I thought I would pop over and say--hello---fun sight!
    Sorry about the fabric--that STINKS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's such a shame. Although, if you were really persistent, Walmart might look through their security footage to see what happened to them.

    Another walmart controversy!

    http://mysocalledfeudallife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete