Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Homemade Christmas!!

Since we took our Fall trip to Australia, we decided Christmas was going to be on a smaller scale.  We (and when I say we, I mean I) decided to do some homemade gifts because 1 gift per person (because of the aforementioned trip) just wasn't going to cut it for me.  So, I ended up making bathrobes for the kids.

Also, the kids have been begging for "sewing lessons." We have done a few projects here and there.  So, I helped them make pillowpets for each other.  Emma helped me make the Ben 10 Rath pillow for Tyler.  Quincey helped make this cat for Emma.  Tyler helped make the dog for Quincey.  They all love them. (Even though I am not totally enamoured (I'll have you know I looked that word up AND I had already spelled it correctly!! Woohoo!!) with how the Rath alien turned out.

4 comments:

  1. Sooo cute! I'm glad you finally got pictures up! Truman would be in heaven in one of those! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job!! The bath robes look so soft and comfy!! :) I like them all. Q's reminds me of the coat of many colors :)
    And as for the pillow-pets I give ya a HUGE KUDDOS because I don't know that I would be able to make and have them turn out that good. I don't even know that show but I think his looks really good, they all do!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want Quincey's lion. Way to go Amy... comfy robes. I made one for Bill long time ago.

    ReplyDelete