Monday, January 18, 2010

Please May I Have a Drink?

I will preface this entry with a note of a personal decision Luke and I have made. We decided (when Tyler was a baby) that we would allow our children to take the sacrament after they were baptized. Our hope is that it will be more meaningful to them. There were a few Sundays when our children were less than happy about that decision, as they see everyone else taking it (including their friends). However, it has been a very long time since we have had to deal with one of our children even commenting on not being able to take the sacrament.

Yesterday in church, the water was being passed. After it went by, Emma said, "Mom, I really want a drink!"

Me: Emma, you can have the sacrament after you are baptized when you are 8.

Emma: (in her best mom you are so lame voice) Mom, I know! I just want a REGULAR drink! Not one with the PRIESTHOOD in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment